21 months

Miss Abigail,

I'm happy to report: this month did not fly by.

While being pregnant and having time pass quickly is a good thing, being the Mom of a toddler and feeling like time is slipping away is not so fun.  So this month I enjoyed soaking it in, day by day.

In college I worked as a preschool teacher (12-18 month olds), but the Waddlers (2's) we're always my favorite kids.  I'm seeing so many of those traits in you this past month and it makes me excited for the year ahead.   Two year olds are my favorite people: sassy, clever, bossy, and oh-so-cute!

We're starting to talk about Baby a little more this month.  It's hard letting you sit directly on my lap and lean back, so I often nest you by my side and tell you that we have to be careful with the baby in Mommy's tummy.  

I can't wait to see you as a big sister, and I hope you feel that your role as a sibling is of equal importance to my role as Mommy.  I want us to feel like a team!  

Here are your fun facts this month:
  • You've learned how to play the recorder.  Lucky for me, the intense obsession lasted only a week, but you still enjoying playing it when you see it.
  • Dolly has been replaced by Kitty (the stuffed cat we got you for your birthday last year).  You love to cuddle her as you fall asleep.
  • Books have also made their way to bed with you.  This months favorites are Cat Boredom Busters, I Want My Hat Back, and Grover's First Day of School (you love when Dad does the voices and you enjoy pointing out the characters on each page)
  • You also love the scrapbook Mamie made for Dad when we got married.  We brought it out the other day and you love flipping through the pages looking at pictures of Dad as a baby.
  • Clear words are still hard to come by, but "Abanesse" (your own language) is in full effect.  Actual new words this month: water and Grover
  • You learned how to turn on the TV.  Most times you turns on the DVD player (which happens to have Classical Baby in it), so I usually let it run and use this time to get things done  :)
  • A new owie!  Actually a few.  You've started getting a little rash on your knees.  I think it's from the grass, but I might get your allergies tested to be sure.
  • We bought you a golf set.  You love carrying around the clubs or using you golf bag like a vacuum.
  • Kicking the ball with Daddy, or watching him kick gets you laughing every time.
  • Dad bought you a tricycle a few weeks back.  It's your new obsession and has replaced the stroller for neighborhood walks.
  • When you don't like what we have to say, or something is too loud, you plug your ears.  We've started a game of this and plug our ears with you each time; you think that's pretty funny
  • You've mastered pointing to your body parts (the appropriate ones, anyway), so we've graduated to these commands, "plug your ears", and "close your eyes".  You especially love doing them for Dad; he gets so excited seeing you master your new skills.
  • You're starting to look more like Dad every day!

Last week we went to U Village in search of original Saltwater sandals (for this summer), but the store only carried size 4 and up; you're still a size 3 :)

We had fun at the playground and Pottery Barn Kids (you loved playing with the vacuum and sitting at the table for tea).  We bought nothing but played in their store for over a half hour  :)

You've started carrying your own diapers and wipes in your backpack!

Diva

You're getting cuter and funnier by the day, Bitsy Girl!

I love you.




Comments

Popular Posts