Easter Warm-Up

Last week we had a PEPS Easter egg hunt; I was so excited to get Abigail dressed up and take pictures of she and her adorable friends running around grabbing Easter eggs (I sometimes imagine life in picture... don't we all?!)

Come Tuesday morning as I was putting on her dress, I noticed she was warmer than usual.  I took her temperature and low and behold, she had a 100 degree fever.  So off went the dress, and dashed were my dreams of little people running around in bow ties and tulle.

We had been practicing egg hunting for almost a week;  Kevin was convinced Abigail wouldn't be aggressive enough, and while we were never able to fully test this theory, she and Kevin did happen upon an Easter egg hunt in Ballard today.

Sure, the Adidas track suit doesn't capture my idyllic vision of Easter frolic, but the two of them had a great time running around collecting eggs (she only managed to get four; there were some aggressive big kids), eating their chocolates, and spending the day together in sunny Ballard!

A few cute pictures from their afternoon together...



Eating candy.... only something Dad would allow

Sugar high

Lunch at La Carta de Oaxaca (yum!)

Playing at the toy store

We're looking forward to celebrating Easter tomorrow (tulle and all)!

Tonight we're headed to Capitol Hill for dinner and an Easter Vigil mass at St. James.  This weather has been amazing and fills my soul.  Keep it coming, Seattle!

(a year ago today... my how she's grown)


Comments

Popular Posts