Happy Birthday, Husband


This post would have come sooner, but I thought our Mac bit the dust.  Turns out, the mouse was unplugged...  :)


In years past, Birthday Week was my favorite, and while it's still the crowned Holiday Season around here, it got a lot busier this year (turning from Birthday Week, into Birthday Month).

I can't tell you how nice it felt to let the dust settle yesterday.... sigh.

Thursday was Kevin's birthday eve, so we dropped Abigail off at my parent's house and Kevin and I went boating- it was a blast!  We grabbed a few brews, went swimming, then headed to Blue Water Bistro at Leschi for dinner.  After dinner we extended our Eve celebration with night swimming... probably not the safest idea to kill the lights and swim in the dark, but I love the rush of doing dumb things... it makes me feel young and stupid again  :)

Heading back from dinner at sunset

Friday morning I rushed home to prepare for Kevin's semi-surprise birthday party (he knew we were having a BBQ with his parents, but I surprised him by inviting my parents, Dan, Anne, Henry, Raleigh, and Jenn- he loved it, but later admitted that he sort of knew....he saw a text from Anne pop up a few days before confirming they could make it.)  Oh well, my parents and Rals were still a surprise!


The Birthday Boys: August 17th and August 15th!
Snuggles from Auntie Annie #2

Eyeing that cookie....

Mamie made Sangria (and her famous Chocolate Chip pie!)



Kevin making Abigail and Henry laugh by hula hooping  :)



The Birthday Boy requested beer can chicken and veggie kabobs for dinner (I prepped, he cooked...)



Come present time, Abigail and I had a little surprise in store.  Kevin and his Dad were set on golfing for their birthday's, but little did they know, Anne, Amy, and I were one step ahead; we had already booked a tee-time for Sunday morning at Chamber's Bay!

(the guys were thrilled and talked shop the rest of the night)

Early Sunday morning, Kevin, Dan, and Kirk headed out for their all day golf outing, and Sunday night Kevin came home excited to tell us all about it...sounds like they had the time of their lives!



Kevin, 

We had so much fun celebrating you this weekend!  You are an amazing husband, father, and friend and deserve the very best- on your special day and always.  

We love you so much.




Happy, happy birthday, my love.



Comments

Popular Posts