Skip to main content

God Bless Abigail

It's official, we've got a little Catholic on our hands!



The festivities began on Friday when we picked Matt and Susie up from the airport.  We'd asked them months ago to be Abigail's Godparents and were fortunate to have them with us on Saturday night.

Growing up I took pride in receiving my sacraments, so to stand and present our child to God, our church community, family, and friends was beyond special.


A few weeks before baptism we were debating between full immersion and head sprinkling, and finally  Kevin's vote for sprinkling won. I'm sure Abigail appreciated it.

She did so well during mass!  Sleeping for a majority of it.... sitting upright  :)

But she woke up just in time for her turn at the baptismal font!



After baptising her at the alter we dressed in her Christening gown; the same one I wore 31 (I'm aging myself here!) years ago.




Then celebrated with a party!






Thanks again to everyone who came to be a part of Abigail's special evening; it meant so much to us having each of you there.







Comments

Kirk said…
A very memorable and special event. So grateful and thankful for your wanting to bring up Abigail in faith.
Fun time but blessed as well

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...