Susie Homemaker: Take 1



I've gotta say, not bad for a first attempt.  Then again, I don't bake much, so take it for what it's worth...

This banana bread recipe comes from my co-worker, Mandy.  Super easy and straightforward.  Just take all the ingredients below, mix them together, then bake for 50 minutes.  Recipe calls for 35-40 minutes @ 350 degrees, but it definitely needed more time.

Also, I added 4 teaspoons of vanilla and a large handful of brown sugar

2 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 1/4 c. sugar
2/3 c. shortening
2/3 c. nuts (I used pecans)
4 bananas
1/2 c. buttermilk

If you try this recipe, let me know what you think.  I'd love some feedback!




Comments

mamie said…
Tanya,
You so have to send this banana bread recipe and pictures and your costco dinner ideas and the table setting guide to Smarts Magazine...looks good!
Tanya said…
Yeah, I was thinking that at least the table setting one would be a good SMARTS article. Oh and by the way, I meant to (but totally forgot to!) give you and big Thank You shout out for the bread pans.... without which, none of this would be possible!! :)

Popular Posts