Weekend updates

As always, we filled the chalk board with "to-dos" this weekend and did our best to complete them by Sunday.  Kevin's been getting the wrath of "nesting mode", but he's a trooper.

This weekend's big project was painting the nursery and assembling the crib: check and check! (both thanks to Kevin) 

Below are pics of  "Stage 1".  We'll update you as things progress in nursery land!


A blank, and messy slate


Getting started Friday night


Finished product on Saturday morning!


Everything looked great once we painted the second coat Saturday morning, but Kevin wanted it perfect, so he spent another half hour going around with a touch up brush- how cute! 

And I dilly dallied around the house and took pictures of myself and random things  :)




My favorite baby dress so far!  Got it in SF last weekend

Baby closet.  Melt my heart....


Another adorable SF find.  So practical  ;)


Self portrait belly pic- 24 weeks (actually, 23 weeks, 5 days)


He moved into the hallway with his touch-ups. 
Guess we're both a little OCD...


Printed templates of crib bedding


Random pic.  Our recently renovated office/music room...we love this new layout.


Oh and I got the cutest shirt from my cousin a few weeks ago! 

Check it out:




It cracks me up every time I wear it!!

Once the painting was done, we set up the crib.  I actually helped with this project!


Getting everything tightened up


Proud Daddy!


Then we had this hilarious idea to put Minnie in the crib.  She wasn't amused... a few hours later she forgave us.  But at least we know it'll hold 16+ pounds  :)


Mommy practice


Baby practice!

That's all for now!  We'll probably take a break from the nursery for the next few weeks while we order crib bedding and start on some yard projects, but we'll be sure as always to keep you posted along the way.

Have a great week!

Comments

Stefanie said…
nice work!! We are SO excited for you guys!! I cannot wait to see the finished nursery!
Anonymous said…
Ah! I love it! You look great, Tanya, and so does the baby's room! That yellow dress is adorable. I have a feeling little Abigail is going to be one stylish girl!
mamie said…
Wow! I can't wait to see it in person...Wow! This kid already has quite the wardrobe and it is already growing...hint, hint! You look adorable Tanya...Kevin, you do too!

Popular Posts