Weekend update

Well, it's official; as of last Tuesday, we no longer have a driveway, and as of Saturday that void has been filled with a ton of topsoil (4 cubic yards to be exact).

Below are some pictures of what I like to refer to as: "Yard Remodel: Phase I".  Oh, the things Kevin puts up with  :)

If it were up to him, we would have waited a few months before diving into this mess, but I got a bee in my bonnet and decided, "there's no time like the present!".

So here we are; yard a disaster, baby on the way, and a whole lot of dirt in our yard.


We will be seeding this front area.  A deck will be built out
front with a pathway to the door (on the left side of the house).
French doors will open onto the deck.

The void pre-topsoil

Our dirt being delivered!



I offered to help, but Kevin said it was "pretty tough manual labor" and I should stay inside and rest.
Can I be pregnant all the time?  ;)

Kevin spent all day on this project... not the best way to spend a Saturday, but we feel great about getting it done.

At one point, I went to get the oil changed and grab Dick's for lunch, and when I got home, there was Kevin, busy working away with two neighbor kids.  Apparently they came by and offered to work for $10 an hour.... Kevin quickly took them up on the offer.  Thank goodness; they were heaven sent and helped the process along much faster.

So now were getting ready to seed grass this weekend, and as I speak, Kevin's outside leveling the edges and getting things prepared.

We'll be sure to update you once grass starts growing...in what I will refer to as "Yard Remodel: Phase I 1/2" ;)


Comments

Popular Posts