Happy Easter!




A day late, but hope you all had a great Easter and were able to spend time with family and loved ones.  We had fun this year, hosting dinner for the first time!

We had my parents, brother, aunt and uncle over for an Easter feast complete with cheesy potatoes (a Lauckner favorite!) and strawberry / rhubarb pie (a Nickinovich favorite!)

It was a lot of work, but well worth it.  The pictures below are from dinner prep and Easter morning....I completely forgot to snap a few shots at dinner!

We had lots to do on Saturday night.  There were eggs to be dyed and pies to be made!







Final product.  It tasted pretty good!

Kevin feel asleep on the couch while I made the pie.
He had been working in the yard all day!

I kicked off Easter morning with a surprise egg hunt for Kevin.

I've gotta admit, I thought he'd be a little more geeked, but I must remind myself I'm not married to a 5 year old...   We will however have one in 4.5 years, so this was good practice.

I woke him up with the little bunny below and the first clue to his egg hunt...

I thought taking this picture would wake him up, but soundly he slept.
I, on the other hand was like a kid at Christmas; I woke up at 6am ready to hunt for eggs!





After the hunt we made pancakes for breakfast then headed to St. John's for Easter mass.

Fr. Crispin was amazing and gave such a great service.  After mass we headed home to get the house ready for guests.

Below are the rest of my dorky pre-party pictures... since I didn't take any at dinner, these are all I have to share.

Chef Kevin in the kitchen!



I made name card holders with chocolate bunnies.  Cute and delicious! 

Deviled eggs!




I hope everyone is enjoying the week back at work. Well, trying to at least...

We made a ton of headway on the yard this weekend- stay tuned for pictures!



Comments

Popular Posts