Skip to main content

Happy Friday!

Not sure I could be MORE thankful for a Friday.  Busy, busy week, so this weekend comes as necessity.  Forgot to update after last weekend and wanted to be sure and share a few things.  First off, Kevin's brother Mike came to visit last week during his spring break.  We had a great time and especially enjoyed our afternoon together on Sunday.  Started off bowling with Anne and the kids in West Seattle, then Kevin, Mike and I headed downtown for lunch and a trip through EMP to see the Battlestar Gallactica exhibit  (a fav of Mike's).  It was cool going back to EMP and checking it out, but it's not what it used to be.  Clearly it failed after my summer as their PR intern...  ;)

We went to lunch at Japonessa...an amazing new Japanese restaurant off 1st and Union.  Happy hour lasts pretty much all day and they have amazing sushi!

So we ordered food, but since Mike didn't have much experience with sushi, we decided to order a bunch of fun things.  And for a new timer, the tastier, the better!!  With that said, we ordered 6 rolls (4 of them crunchy rolls!), veggie tempura, edemame, and miso soup.  You may be thinking, "oh, with 3 people, I could totally do that", but I beg to differ.  These rolls are huge; they were quite the belt blaster! 




Food was amazing and we walked away feel full, content, and maybe just a little nauseous....

Mike left on Wednesday morning, but we had a great time hanging out with him!  Didn't take any pictures, but at least we have hyper links and google images....thank God for small blessing  ;)

A quick pic of Mike below...for those of you who don't know Kevin's family and get his brothers confussed.



Happy Friday!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...