Skip to main content

17 reasons why Kevin is awesome!

Thankful yet again for Friday; these weeks have been killing me!  In light of this, I thought I'd share a list of reasons why Kevin is awesome.  Please note; all credit of this post goes directly to my sister-in-law, the next Mrs. Lauckner!  This was her idea (see her blog for the original) and such a fun idea that I just had to steal it!  So here it goes; below are the top 17, non mushy/cheesy reasons, why Kevin is awesome!


1) He reads The Economist at the airport…just in case important people are watching.

2) He makes me a hot water bottle each night and tucks me into bed

3) He has such bad penmanship that it’s almost cute!

4) He has a beautiful, caring heart and drops everything to be with a friend in need.

5) He’s an amazing cook! You’ve gotta try one of his creamy risottos

6) He has the most adorably tragic adolescent pictures. See the end of this post for a few examples…

7) A Midwest boy at heart, he’ll wave off my recipes, but loves nothing more than his Mom’s chicken pot pie or any casserole dish she makes with Campbell’s soup.

8) He tolerates my cat Minnie and hasn’t taken her on “a walk to Discovery Park” yet…

9) He loves to copy my jokes then call them his own.

10) He sleeps in like a teenager on the weekends-  a solid 12 hours if you let him

11) He walks around the house every night to be sure the doors are locked, unnecessary appliances are shut off, and the alarm is set

12) He thinks he's perfected the Bill Cosby impersonation….ask him to do it. Funny stuff!

13) He can make up song lyrics on a whim…usually as a comedic form of communication, or a lullaby.

14) He is a very dedicated, driven, and hard working person. He gives the most of himself in everything he does.

15) He has a serious shopping fetish and Brooks Brothers is his ultimate weakness. He’s a sharpie true and through!

16) He has this funny competitive streak (usually about silly, pointless things). Case in point: when I mentioned doing one of these lists about him, his response was, “you should do 17 things….to beat John’s list!”

17) So here ya go honey….the #1 reason Kevin is awesome???? He married me!  ;)





Happy Friday everyone!

Comments

Max's Mom said…
I love your list and this idea! I may have to steal it as well. As to reason # 10, that will all soon change, so let him enjoy the sleep in as long as he can. Congratulations on a Girl!!! Any name ideas yet?
Tanya said…
I think we're going with Abigail!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...