A few of my favorite (wedding) things!

You may have noticed that I have yet to post pictures of the house (sorry!)...the computer cord is still MIA. But on the bright side, the rec room will be finished on Friday so it'll be fun to do a quick before/after post once complete... and I find that mysterious cord.
But anyway, I was looking through some pics today from earlier this year. So many memories of pre-wedding events, so I decided I'd share them.
Crazy to think that it's been over 3 months since the big day. Looking back, a lot has happened since then: we went on the most amazing honeymoon ever, moved out of our apartment, bought a house, legally changed my name, bought a couch, got an alarm system installed (yes, I'm paranoid), remodeled the downstairs, and just got my hair trimmed (a big one for me...hey, I get busy with the little stuff!) But, I digress.
Below are a few favorite snap-shot moments from my time as a bride. Hope you enjoy looking through them as much as we enjoyed living them!



Kevin's parents came to visit last June (2009) and we visited Alderbrook while they were in town. It was the first time we'd seen them since our engagement, so it was fun filling them in on all the happenings! Amy and I went shopping for my wedding band and engagement ring setting....I found one I loved, and it's been on my hand ever since! Picture above is Kevin, Kirk and I "practicing" for the big day. This was also one of the images we used inside our save the date card.


I blogged about the invitations earlier this year (cause I loved them so much) but wanted to post this as one of our most memorable times as well. A fun afternoon with my parents stuffing, licking and sticking....oh and a Bloody Mary at King's to celebrate once we finished.


Our seedling tags. These alone weren't exactly memorable, but this picture represents lots of various projects I worked on for months leading to the wedding. Other projects included kid's pails (filled with toys, snacks, crayons, and a personalized Tanya and Kevin wedding coloring book), s'more kits for the "I Do BBQ", wedding cake toppers, ect, ect...


Bridesmaid luncheon. I don't have pictures of us hanging out that day, but above is an picture of the ladies dresses. I bought the dresses and alternations as my gift to my bridesmaids (since I knew they'd never where them again, why torture them with the purchase). So, earlier this year when the dresses came in, we (minus Steph and Jo) headed out to QA alternations followed by lunch at the old Julia's on QA...a few mimosas were in order as well! Fun afternoon hanging out with the ladies and talking shop.


One of my favorite days as a bride was with two of my favorite people: Amy and Lucy! Amy came in town last spring and we took Lucy dress shopping....right up Lucy's alley... Queen for the day! Festivities included the monorail, Nordstrom (Lucy loved the aquariums!), McDonald's for lunch, and her very own runway at La Belle Elaine! Below are some picture... she was a hoot! I can't wait to see her as a beautiful bride someday.


















Gotta love the second to last picture! ;)

A few weeks later my Aunt Lucy threw me a fabulous bridal shower. Numerous family and friends were able attend and I was blessed with tons of generous gifts...thank you again to everyone who came and made this day so special for me. I don't have pictures of the actual shower with me, but below is the aftermath back at our apartment. Johanna and I drove back that night and just sat there staring at everything.... totally overwhelming- totally blessed.



So many more memories, but with no images on this computer, I'll summarize the rest with bullet points below:

-Champagne dinner with my parents and Godparents
-Engagement party at Washington Square (thanks again for hosting, Victor!)
-Wedding dress shopping trip to San Fransisco with my Mom (a weekend I'll always cherish)
-numerous trips to Alderbrook with Kevin (some amazing memories...so much fun!)
-Bachlorette party in Leavenworth (highlights include river rafting, lingerie and pizza, beer gardens and some other, more foggy memories!)

The path over the last year and a half lead to a wedding day that I can't sum up in words. It was beyond what Kevin and I would have dreamed. Filled with so much love and joy, we spent the weekend at Alderbrook surrounded by amazing family and friends. The hardest part about the weekend was holding back the tears. Such an amazing time....we couldn't image a better way to begin our life together!

But now it's all said and done (phew!), and we're officially Mr. & Mrs.(yay!) We can't wait for the future ahead and look forward to a lifetime of adventure, joy, and love!

Comments

Popular Posts