Each day to the fullest

We are 4 days away from the "big day" and both of us are so excited! We feel totally relaxed and have everything out of the way....now it's time to sit back, relax and soak in this last week for all it's worth. We have so many things to look forward to: boating with Kevin's family tonight, BBQ at my parent's tomorrow night, spending an evening with Matt & Stacy on Thursday, then obviously the weekend ahead!

I sit here wishing we could hold these moments captive, but that's not possible. We will live through these events and treasure the memories forever, but we cannot hit pause.

Saturday we will walk down the aisle, say "I Do", then spend the rest of our lives together.  How awesome is that?!

I can hardly wait for the future ahead, and treasure all the memories we've had so far.

I remember the first time I meet Kevin; my friend Lisa and I were going up the elevator at work ready to start the day at Softchoice. Kevin was the only other person in the elevator and while I'd never spoken to him, I thought: "I wonder what it'd be like to date someone like that?"

Kevin was different from other guys I knew.... dressed in khakis, a long sleeved stripped shirt, and a messenger bag. "What kind of guy carriers a messenger bag?" This thought crossed my mind and intrigued me, but it was a moment in time, a fleeting thought, and I never looked back to reflect on it until later that year.

As most of you know, Kevin and I officially met at a company outing in October of 2007. I never would have dreamed I would date (let alone marry!) him, but after hanging out and going on a few dates, I realized that while we didn't have a ton of shared interests, we really enjoyed spending time with each other.... and he's really funny; my numero uno requirement!

So fast forward a three years, and here we are about to say "I Do". I feel so lucky to have found such an amazing and loyal guy and I cannot wait to marry him.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm on cloud 9! I couldn't be happier than I am at this moment.

...and I wanted to write it out in an effort to bottle this moment in time.

To our future and many, many years ahead!  I love you, Kevin.

Love,

Soon-to-be-Mrs. Lauckner


Comments

Popular Posts