Skip to main content

17 months

Happy 17 months, GG boy!



I've done this for Dad and Sissy, and now it's your turn...

17 Reasons why George is awesome:


1) You love to sleep and curl up with a smile, so ready for nap and bedtime each day.

2) And you sleep well!  2-4 hour naps with a 6:30pm bedtime and 7:30am wake time ain't too shabby.

3) The Princess Anna doll is your favorite new toy.  You're in love with her!

4) Curious George makes you giggle

5) You love to disciple Millie "nah, nah, nah!" as you feed her the food you're specifically requesting she not eat ;)

6) You love going on walks and stroller rides

7) You think it's funny to put Sissy's purse over your shoulder and one of her necklaces around your neck and pretend to leave.

8) Playing chase cracks you up!  So do real or fake burps  :)

9) You tap your foot when dancing  

10) You love to cuddle (finally!)

11) Sissy and Dada are the funniest people you know

12) You go nuts over the water play area at our Children's Museum

13) You always make a mess at dinner, then start yelling "BA!" (bath) when you're all done

14) Simply being named George makes you pretty awesome.  I constantly get compliments on your name.

15) But having Joe as your nickname is almost as amazing, and oddly so humorous to me  :)

16) You love running in the street and laugh hysterically as you go (we're working on that...)

and the #1 reason why you're awesome?....

17) You are the sweetest little boy I could ever have imagined!  We love you to no end, and given those big smiles you throw our way, we know you feel the same.


I adore you, Joe.  

Happy 17 months!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...