Skip to main content

Month of Bumps (29-32 weeks)

Boy oh boy have we been busy!

Somehow I expected summer to be a laid back time for all of us, but between our growing family, appointments, summer camp, and various summer outings, these weeks are flying.

Things are going well, though.  I had a doc appointment yesterday and you sound great!  You have however been moving around a bunch and yesterday you were tucked in breech (not technically considered breech at 32 weeks, but you're a mover!)  However, I'm pretty sure you're back to vertex today; I don't feel like I have a head coming out one side of my abdomen, and a butt poking through the other side anymore  :)

Also, Braxton Hicks have started pretty regularly now, but mainly when you seem to be laying sideways, so it's probably something to do with the big movements.

Sleep is still a premium.  I borrowed a friends pregnancy pillow (I never used one before) and while I thought it was helping, last night I ditched it for the standard pillow under my leg, and I think get better sleep the old fashion way.  (but thank goodness for generous friends who let you borrow their stuff!)

Speaking of borrowing (or a lack thereof) we bought a new stroller this month as well as a co-sleeper and rock and play (things I'd borrowed before) and while I hate buying new things, my close friend I borrowed them from last time is due a few weeks before us, so that was out of the question.  But it's fun having new baby stuff around, and both Abigail and George love putting dolls (or themselves!) in them to play pretend.

Here are your monthly pictures!  (when Dad came up to Leavenworth last weekend without having seen me all week, he thought I'd really popped out- 31 weeks!)

29 weeks
30 weeks

31 weeks
32 weeks



Wow, he was right!

8(ish) more weeks to go, little one.

Time to get my newborn A-game on!

***

29-32 weeks pregnant with Abigail

29-32 weeks pregnant with George  (funny! We were going through a big heatwave then, too)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...