Skip to main content

Month of Bumps (21-24 weeks)

Hi Bun, 

Welcome to your first Month of Bump post!

To think you will be here in 14 short weeks blows my mind (I'm late writing this).  Each pregnancy moves along faster than the last, and needless to say, yours has been a flash before my eyes.  Every two week appointments start this week (usually not until next month, but since I need a shot of Rhogam at 28 weeks, we're starting early)

I'm feeling great but have been tired.  Usually my desire for naps subsides around 16 weeks, but at 25, going on 26 weeks, I find myself tired most days and in need of a nap or extra sleep at night.  

Old age, I guess  ;)

However, I still have opportunities to feel young when out and about without your siblings.  Other Moms will often give me that enjoy-this-time-before-that-bump-becomes-a-baby look or sweetly ask, "is this your first?"  Each time I try to contain my giddiness as I say, "nope, it's my third!"

I'm feeling older, but I must look somewhat young  :)

Speaking of looks, I have been much faster to show.  I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks (yes, 12!) and at 17 weeks a Target employee assured me that if I sign up for the Target Red card today, I will have free two day shipping, enabling me to get all those last minute baby items IN THESE LAST FEW WEEKS.

Seriously, people.

Then there was the old lady on the plane back from Kauai who, when I told her I was due September 8th, nudged me and winked "twins, huh?"

Ha!

I've been enjoying this pregnancy so much.  Knowing that this is most likely my last time around- Dad always gets mad when I insert the "most likely" part ;)  - I have really made an effort to enjoy everything about it.  In a way, you've been my sweetest pregnancy yet.

Here are your first month of pictures, Bun!

21 weeks

22 weeks

23 weeks

24 weeks

And just to prove the existence of that 12 week bump, here you are in all your first trimester glory  :)




***

21-24 weeks pregnant with George 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...