Skip to main content

9 Months

Happy 9 months, baby boy.

Time is moving quickly and your birthday is fast approaching  (your FIRST BIRTHDAY!)

You are growing more each day, really starting to play with and enjoy your sister, getting into everything, and keeping me on my toes constantly.




Here are some Fun Facts at 9 months:

  • We keep bathroom doors closed at all times; your favorite new activity is splashing in toilet water  :)
  • You have six (SIX!) teeth
  • You're on a 2/3/3 schedule
  • We transitioned to your convertible car seat
  • You're obsessed with Abigail's Potty book and actual potty (see above!)
  • You're constantly pinch your fingers in the kitchen doors and drawers
  • You have an odd habit of putting your hand in my mouth while nursing (luckily you don't nurse well in public, so we save ourselves the odd looks)
  • You wear size 3 diapers and Abigail wears 5's, but since you wear her diapers at night anyway, I condensed the diaper order to all 5's.  Simplicity is golden.
  • Dad and I went to Walla Walla and spent our first weekend away since you were born (I missed you like crazy!)
  • Father's Day fell on your 9 month birthday, so you and Dad shared the (weird) holiday
  • You love drinking water from cups
  • Thanks to having a big sister, you've tried most every food at this point: eggs, peanut butter, juice, almond milk...
  • You went through a period where you crawled around all day with a golf ball in hand  :)
  • You love cruising over to the family room to play the harpsichord or bang on one of Dad's guitars

You are such a delightful little one; always so happy, friendly, and good natured.

Watching you grow is a JOY.

I love you, GG Boy.


Comments

Stefanie said…
Loved catching up on your blog!! The kiddos are adorable and I'm envious of your wine country vacay!! Can't wait to catch up soon! Lets get together!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

It's Santa Time!

Kevin and I kicked it up a notch this year for our annual visit to Santa with dinner at Hamanasu followed by a night at the Hyatt! We've been waiting to make this a bigger deal (add the overnight piece) for a few years, but this was the first year we felt the kids were old enough for it - and it was sooo much fun!