Skip to main content

Valentine's Day 2014

We celebrated a delightful Valentine's Day this year with the kids.

While it didn't involve all the excitement of last year (which included George's 13 week ultrasound), it was surely sweet.

Abigail and I spent the morning touring preschools, then had lunch in Issaquah, followed by a Target trip to find a gift for Dad.  We picked out a heart shaped box of chocolates, and Abigail chose a card from the "funny romantic" section with a puppy on the front.  On the outside it read: "Don't Let This Cute Face Fool You." and on the inside: "I'm An Animal When I'm Around You!"

...it's what happens when you let them choose their own cards  ;)



Friday evening Kevin came home with a bouquet of flowers, chocolate, and all the fixin' for crab mac and cheese- score!

And while George didn't buy us anything, he gifted us a new milestone: sitting up unassisted for the first time.  We were all so proud of him, and I think he was pretty amused himself  :)

It was an evening full of food, family, and giggles.  One I won't soon forget.




I hope you were able to spent the day with those you love most.

Happy Valentine's Day

xxo



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...