Skip to main content

Labor Dave Weekend

We attended our first concert as a family last weekend and had so much fun -DMB was the perfect band and the Gorge was (obviously) the perfect venue ✨



The idea came about rather last minute (the weekend before, Kevin proposed we go to the Saturday show).  Through my teens and 20s, I went every summer for the full weekend, so I was only too happy to oblige.

DMB at the Gorge was a rite of passage growing up and it was amazing to be back after what felt like a very quick 14 years 💖

We left my parent's place in Leavenworth Saturday afternoon and headed to Moses Lake where we scored a hotel room for the night (with an outdoor pool, which the kids LOVED), then headed to the venue around 4pm.

The kids had a great time!

Abigail enjoyed dancing to the opening bands and making glow stick bracelets once the sun set; George had so much fun riding on our backs while we danced, then falling asleep on the lawn by 9pm; and Ben pretty much chilled - he wasn't outwardly happy or sad, he was just taking it all in.

Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see:

George's first Gorge porta potty experience - another rite of passage 😉


Mood 😇

Naps on the lawn can't be beat

Our party animal 
Abs and I posing with G (who'd taken shade under his chair) 😀


Meeting up with Auntie K!!


Georgie rides!

I mean... 😍







Kevin and I were surprised by how relatively easy the kids were.  There are a few things we would tweak next year (namely, getting a spot at the top of the hill for better food / bathroom access, and over the ear headphones for the kids), but all in all it was a success!

We hope to see you again next year, DMB - thanks for a great show 💜





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...