Skip to main content

Roche Harbor

Kevin, the kids, and I got away last weekend to San Juan Island!




Winter months can be a long, daunting struggle for me but with the sun beginning to peek out and no school on Friday, it seemed the perfect recipe for a weekend getaway.

Luckily, since we are still in the off-season, we were able to rent one of the front cottages at Roche Harbor for under $200 a night.

We spent the weekend walking the grounds and marina, exploring Friday Harbor, BBQing, eating, drinking, and generally enjoying a weekend with no TV and limited phone use.

The kids loved the two bedroom cottages and surrounding area!  They slept with me in a double Queen room and Kevin (scored) the spot next to Ben in the 2nd bedroom with a bed all to himself  💤

Other highlights for the kids included our 2x a day trips to the Company Store, running down to the playground by themselves, playing scrabble, and pretending to be statues with Daddy at a moments notice.

Goofballs!

Here are some pictures from the weekend:





Enjoying donuts from The Lime Kiln Cafe!

Nap time 💖



Statues


Such professional statues 😉

Rolling down the hillside, goose poop and all 😝




Cessna fly-overs were another awesome highlight

Saturday night s'mores

Picking flowers for Mommy (if you can see through that dirty face and hands 😉)

Statues, I tell you..



Mornings done right

It was a great trip and we look forward to bringing the kids back in the summer someday.

Thanks for a memorable weekend away, Roche!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...