Skip to main content

Mother's Day Tea!

Kevin and I are leaving in 12 hours for Kauai!!! but before I go, I wanted to share pictures from Mother's Day Tea at Abigail's school!

I received an invitation a week ago.  Since then the kids have been working on projects preparing for the big event.

Upon arriving, us Moms were asked to wait in the hallway where we would be greeted by our child, then escorted into the classroom

(this alone made my heart burst!  Seriously, how cute is THAT?!)  

So here I was waiting for my little one when Abigail shyly rounds the corner, looking down, clearly intimidated but oh-so-excited.

"Mama, you come with me", she said.

What she was suppose to say was "Welcome to Mother's Day Tea!  Will you please join me?"

(It's all just too cute!)

So in we went and sat at a table with her friend Grace and Grace's Mom.  After making bracelets, the kids served us strawberry shortcake with lemonade and iced tea.

Then after everyone was finished, the kids got up and sang "If You're Happy and You Know it"  (see below video).  This was my first experience with a kid's pseudo-concert, so beaming with first-time pride I was!

Then we received a gift bag with a framed picture and a questionnaire all about us!

Here are some of my favorite from Abigail's:

How old is your Mom?  (3)

My Mom laughs when I? (get owies)

My Mom weights (I don't know) pounds

:)

The whole thing was just beyond me.  I was so happy to be sitting with Abigail at her school, spending time with her and her friends.  And the happiest part was seeing her beam with pride having me there!

(I know this only last so long, so just bare with me through the sappy "golden years")  :)











Bitsy Girl, I know you're still too young to read this, but someday you will.

I want you to know how proud I was of you and how very happy it makes me each and every day to wake up and be your Mommy!

Yesterday you filled me with love beyond measure and made me feel like a Queen.

I absolutely, positively, head over heels adore you.



Thank you for being you, sweet girl.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...