Skip to main content

To My Little Girl, Before Our World Changes

Abigail,

Today you turn 25 months (don't worry, I promise to stop counting months now), and are such a delight.  A happy, engaging, and tender hearted little girl.  You love your "Mumma" and given the opportunity, you let every friend and stranger know that's me; it melts my heart and fills me with pride beyond measure.  You love to dance, sing, cross your fingers, wear necklaces, and can navigate an iPad like a Genius Bar pro.

Today not only marks your 25 month birthday, but also a countdown to the baby's arrival.  As I write this, I am just 4 days from my due date.

This past week has been full of contractions, fatigue, and nausea.  I feel tired most days and hate that I can't play with you like I usually do.  You understand there are winds of change approaching, and while I admire your strength, it's confusing for you.  You've been waking up at night; you're having bad dreams and calling out for us; you hug tighter, love deeper, and seem to be taking in the world around you more carefully.

And while I know this time suspended in the unknown is hard for you, I want you to know and never forget one very important thing:

I love you so very much.  

On August 6th, 2011 you made me a mother and opened a part of my heart which before you, never existed.  A part that belongs solely to you.  I have never worried so fervently, fought so boldly, nor loved as strongly as I have since you entered my world.

Every day you amaze me with your loving, loyal heart and I know you will make an amazing big sister.   I can't wait to see you blossom as our family expands both in number and love, and look forward to  introducing this little one to you; they are in for such a treat.

We are so excited for the baby to join our family, but I want you to know you will always have a most special place in my heart.  A place made just for you that nothing and no one will ever replace.

I am so thankful for the past 2 years of having you all to myself.


With all my love,

Mumma


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...