Skip to main content

19 months

Today we went to the mall to walk around and explore.  You had so much fun riding the escalators (a new obsession) and waving to people as they walked by.  Every time we passed a seating area you insisted we stop and relax for a bit, so I would sit in a chair while you leaned against the coffee tables and shyly smiled at the people around you.

It was a fun day, but as you get older and more mobile, it's become exhausting to chase after you (or maybe it's just that I'm getting older!)


Here are some fun facts from this past month:

  • You're a self proclaimed vegetarian.  You love peanut butter and beans (great protein!) but won't touch any variety of "Ca" meat.
  • Your walking skills have brought with them a new level of independence.  You want to walk everywhere!
  • You enjoy making animals sounds; "Abigail, what does a monkey say?" is your favorite.
  • I sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and Away in the Manger to you every night before bed.  As such, you've started humming Twinkle Twinkle when you get tired
  • When you don't get your way, you start swearing "GA! Da! Da!"  No idea where you get that from.... ;)
  • You've started giving really big, sincere hugs that melt my heart
  • Play with Me Seasame is your favorite TV show; you love Ernie and Grover
  • ABBA Gold is your new favorite album.  Needless to say, this makes me so happy.
  • We call you the Maytag Lady because you love putting your ear up to the dishwasher and listening to the sound of it running.
  • Every time you see Mamie's picture in your photo album, you lean in to hug it.
  • You love to play with hair clips, and I love to put them in your hair....



Happy 19 months, Bitsy Girl!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...