Skip to main content

Trick or Treat!

The gang: Yoda, Princess Leia, and George Lucas ;)

Last night we headed out to surprise some family and friends for Halloween!

Around 3 o'clock I started getting ready (ditched the wig...dark brown hair does not look good on me) and got Abigail dressed in her Yoda costume....what a sport!  Kevin opted out of the costume festivities, so we told people he was George Lucas  ;)

First stop: Grandma and Grandpa's!


I'm a huge fan of surprises and was eager to head over and surprise my parents.  My Mom answered the door, and upon realizing it was us, reacted in that Publisher's Clearing House type of way- perfect!

We brought over a pumpkin shaped pizza and hung out with them for a few hours.  We figured we could help pass out candy, but sadly they got no trick or treaters.

If this trend continues, we may bring Abigail to the Eastside in future years to capitalize off homes with far more candy than kids!

We intended to stop by a few other places, but decided to keep it short since Abigail was getting tired.


Bye Grandma and Grandpa!

So it was off to Dan and Anne's.  We pulled up and saw their porch lights were off (a universal sign for no trick or treaters), but too bad  :)

We got there and just missed Henry in his candy corn costume made by Grandma Janet....in true boy fashion, he'd peed all over it!

But we hung out for a bit and chatted, then headed home to get Abigail to bed.

Driving home I realized I'd left our porch lights on (a stark contrast to the Clayton abode), and since we weren't planning to hand out candy, we quickly shut down the house and retreated to our room....

A perfect excuse for movie night and family time!

Goodnight Baby Abigail

All in all, a wonderful Hallows' Eve!



Comments

mamie said…
Cute, she is...(in the word's of Yoda)! She is growing prettier and prettier by the day. Can't wait to see her next week and hold her! And, just think next Halloween we can celebrate with you!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...