Skip to main content

Weekend updates

As always, we filled the chalk board with "to-dos" this weekend and did our best to complete them by Sunday.  Kevin's been getting the wrath of "nesting mode", but he's a trooper.

This weekend's big project was painting the nursery and assembling the crib: check and check! (both thanks to Kevin) 

Below are pics of  "Stage 1".  We'll update you as things progress in nursery land!


A blank, and messy slate


Getting started Friday night


Finished product on Saturday morning!


Everything looked great once we painted the second coat Saturday morning, but Kevin wanted it perfect, so he spent another half hour going around with a touch up brush- how cute! 

And I dilly dallied around the house and took pictures of myself and random things  :)




My favorite baby dress so far!  Got it in SF last weekend

Baby closet.  Melt my heart....


Another adorable SF find.  So practical  ;)


Self portrait belly pic- 24 weeks (actually, 23 weeks, 5 days)


He moved into the hallway with his touch-ups. 
Guess we're both a little OCD...


Printed templates of crib bedding


Random pic.  Our recently renovated office/music room...we love this new layout.


Oh and I got the cutest shirt from my cousin a few weeks ago! 

Check it out:




It cracks me up every time I wear it!!

Once the painting was done, we set up the crib.  I actually helped with this project!


Getting everything tightened up


Proud Daddy!


Then we had this hilarious idea to put Minnie in the crib.  She wasn't amused... a few hours later she forgave us.  But at least we know it'll hold 16+ pounds  :)


Mommy practice


Baby practice!

That's all for now!  We'll probably take a break from the nursery for the next few weeks while we order crib bedding and start on some yard projects, but we'll be sure as always to keep you posted along the way.

Have a great week!

Comments

Stefanie said…
nice work!! We are SO excited for you guys!! I cannot wait to see the finished nursery!
Anonymous said…
Ah! I love it! You look great, Tanya, and so does the baby's room! That yellow dress is adorable. I have a feeling little Abigail is going to be one stylish girl!
mamie said…
Wow! I can't wait to see it in person...Wow! This kid already has quite the wardrobe and it is already growing...hint, hint! You look adorable Tanya...Kevin, you do too!

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...