Skip to main content

Weekend update

Well, it's official; as of last Tuesday, we no longer have a driveway, and as of Saturday that void has been filled with a ton of topsoil (4 cubic yards to be exact).

Below are some pictures of what I like to refer to as: "Yard Remodel: Phase I".  Oh, the things Kevin puts up with  :)

If it were up to him, we would have waited a few months before diving into this mess, but I got a bee in my bonnet and decided, "there's no time like the present!".

So here we are; yard a disaster, baby on the way, and a whole lot of dirt in our yard.


We will be seeding this front area.  A deck will be built out
front with a pathway to the door (on the left side of the house).
French doors will open onto the deck.

The void pre-topsoil

Our dirt being delivered!



I offered to help, but Kevin said it was "pretty tough manual labor" and I should stay inside and rest.
Can I be pregnant all the time?  ;)

Kevin spent all day on this project... not the best way to spend a Saturday, but we feel great about getting it done.

At one point, I went to get the oil changed and grab Dick's for lunch, and when I got home, there was Kevin, busy working away with two neighbor kids.  Apparently they came by and offered to work for $10 an hour.... Kevin quickly took them up on the offer.  Thank goodness; they were heaven sent and helped the process along much faster.

So now were getting ready to seed grass this weekend, and as I speak, Kevin's outside leveling the edges and getting things prepared.

We'll be sure to update you once grass starts growing...in what I will refer to as "Yard Remodel: Phase I 1/2" ;)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...