Skip to main content

Sugar and Spice, and Everything Nice....

...'cause it's a GIRL!!!!!!



Me and my 20 chins holding the ultrasound pic right after finding out!
 
What a whirl wind this last week has been!  It started with our ultrasound on Wednesday when we found out we're having a girl!  And what a surprise it was....Kevin was convinced it was a boy and had me thinking that too for the last 4 months.  But we were thrilled and celebrated with dinner at The Pink Door in Post Alley!  Also stopped by a children's store on the way, where Kevin's picked out her first little outfit!


Dinner was awesome!!  Highly recommended as a great place for Italian food in Seattle. 

The next evening, we had both sets of parents over for dinner to announce our big news.  We decided to tell them by making a pink cake which we hid over chocolate frosting.  We also cleared our kitchen chalk board and made it into a voting poll...our friends voted on Saturday as well.


Dad's voted girl, hands down, and Mom's went for boy (although we were told later that they'd secretly hoped it was a girl!)  Below is the video of them cutting the cake



It was such a fun night!  We aren't able to get together with both sets of parents very often, so it was a very special evening.

But the fun didn't stop there!  As is Kevin and my way with "birthday week", we made this gender fiasco a week long celebration as well, and why not?!  Saturday we invited our friends over for a gender reveal Fiesta that included a margarita bar, pin the tail on the donkey, Mexican food, and a visit from the "stork" (aka, a donkey pinata!)  Below are a bunch of pictures from the party.  Such a fun afternoon, and one we will never forget










At 3pm it was time for the stork's arrival! 




We did this inside due to rain, but it actually made it more interesting and funny!  And what I would have thought to be a cheap little pinata turned out to be made of steal.  It kept going till we finally asked Kirk to take a swing with no eye cover on...and out came the pink candy!








Thanks again to everyone for coming!  Such a fun party.... memories we will always treasure!







Comments

Anonymous said…
Ahh! I love it! A baby girl!!

Your party looked like it was such a blast. So bummed we have to miss out on all of these things! If only we lived out west...
calliebeth said…
You guys are too freaking cute, if I don't like you as much as I do I would hate you a little :)

Congrats on the news, I know how exciting it is. Please let me know what colors you are decorating with I would love to make Little Miss Lauckner a quilt.

Take care,
Callie

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...