Skip to main content

Nana

Last Saturday evening Kevin's Grandmother passed away.  It was expected, but the passing of a family member is never easy regardless of circumstance.

We have decided to fly back to Saginaw for the funeral this weekend and look forward to spending time with Kevin's family (most of whom Abigail has yet to meet).

We regret that she and Abigail were never able to meet in person; this was Abigail's last living Great-Grandparent, but we look forward to celebrating her life!

Rest in peace, Nana.



Elizabeth Ann Lauckner 
Saginaw, MI 

Our beloved mother, grandmother, great-grandmother, and sister went home to be with the Lord on Saturday, February 23, 2013, at the age of 83 years. Elizabeth was born February 11, 1930, in Saginaw to the late Wilbert and Irene (Gerlock) Markhart. She married George Lauckner on September 9, 1950, and he predeceased her April 12, 2006. She enjoyed being an organist for Grace Baptist Church and Hopevale Church. She will be missed by her children, Judy (Frank) Gorske, Kirk (Amy) Lauckner, and Wendy (Robert) Buschman; grandchildren, Geoffrey Jackson, Kevin (Tanya) Lauckner, John (Carolyn) Lauckner, Michael Lauckner, Anne (Ian) Eisendrath, Jessa (Nick) Vandervliet, Brenna Lafleur, and Emily LaFleur; great-grandchildren, Lucy, Oscar, and Charlie Eisendrath, and Abigail Lauckner; sisters, Vivian Engelke and Mary High. She was predeceased her brother Duane Markhart. A memorial service will take place at 12:00 Noon Saturday, March 9, 2013, at Hopevale Church. Her son Pastor Kirk Lauckner will officiate the service. Friends may visit with the family at church from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service. Memorial contributions may be made to Hopevale Church.



Comments

Celeste said…
I've been lurking for awhile but I wanted to come and say that I'm really sorry for your loss. There never is a good time to say goodbye.

I hope you all have been doing well since your last post. Take care.

Celeste

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...