Skip to main content

Then Comes Marriage...

I just found some pictures from the week leading up to our wedding! It started with a trip to see Kevin's family on Tuesday night for a BBQ and sunset cruise. Perfect night in Seattle and a great kick off to the wedding week! Big congrats to John and Carolyn who'd recently gotten engaged!



Later in the week, John and Carolyn asked us to be in their wedding!  We couldn't be more honored and excited for them. Love you guys so much

Matt and Stacey in Seattle!

Our first Slam of the week!



Awesome sunset that night...and for that matter, all week!

Skipping ahead to Friday, we headed out on the 10am ferry bound for Alderbrook! What a natural high we had that morning. Below are pictures from the ferry and rehearsal. The day was filled with such fun and love!

About to board the ferry













Back in the cars and ready to go!
We got to Alderbrook around noon, and after settling in, it was time for rehearsal. Gorgeous afternoon...so relaxing and fun.











My two Dads!

Getting ready for second run through. This time without crying... woo-hoo!















Rehearsal dinner was one of the highlights of the weekend! So many people came from all over the country to be with us.  We had a blast hanging out and catching up with everyone!























After dinner we presented our wedding party with a small gift (champagne flutes for the ladies, ties for the guys), and recieved a few beautiful family heirlooms from Kevin's parents as well!





















Once the sun set, the campfires came on, and everyone gathered around with s'mores!   In retrospect, we stayed up a bit too late ;)







Steph's "cast" I signed, with my new initals!







32 hours, and one awesome wedding later, it was back to Seattle to pack for our honeymoon!!

Our guests joined us on the dock to send us off it style via Kenmore Air and a few mimosas!















That evening we headed over to my parent's to open gifts and enjoy dinner with our family before leaving. Lots of laughs and recaps on Sunday night!







Alright, next post will be Santorini; I promoise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lake Wenatchee

Happy Birthday, Kevin! We spent an awesome 4 days on Lake Wenatchee this past weekend; relaxing by the lake, (attempting) to fish, playing in the water, and enjoying quality time together as a family.  Our parents joined us on Saturday afternoon to celebrate Kevin's birthday; a wonderful day full of family, food, and the great outdoors. Weekend highlights include Fish Lake on Friday (Abigail and i will not be invited back for the next fishing adventure...we may have mangled the line more than once), a trip into Leavenworth for pizza and dancing at the gazebo, a steak feast for Kevin's birthday, and relaxing by the bonfire that evening. Here are some pictures of our trip. Friday at Fish Lake "helping" Dad with his tackle While Kevin fished, Abigail and I fed Parmesan garlic pita chips to the ducks. At one point, we had a crowd of 10! Ladies of leisure on the lake  :) This sums up our fishing experience... Thursday evening f...

20 week ultrasound

Yesterday Kevin and I went to our 20 week ultrasound.  Everything looked great and the two questions still lingering in my mind were confirmed. 1) Yes, it's a boy! 2) Nope, I'm not having twins  :) I've heard it a million times: with each pregnancy you pop a little sooner, but when I was in maternity pants at 12 weeks, I thought surely there must be two in there... Here are some pictures, if you'd like to see. During George's 20 week ultrasound Kevin admitted he'd almost fallen asleep, so I will admit: I had a hard time staying awake this time  :) But we did get to see him in 4D ultrasound which we've never done before, so that was really cool. So fun! After our appointment we went to breakfast at Salish Lodge and took my first Month of Bumps picture. (cue shrills of excitement from everyone eager to see belly pics for the next 4 months!) Before taking the picture I (lovingly) assured Kevin that yes, we would be taking...

Minnie

I knew this would be a hard post to write, so I've been putting it off. On Monday morning, we said goodbye to Minnie. After months of weight loss I brought her into the vet early this week.    I had been noticing the weight loss, but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I started to see how skinny and malnourished she was getting. The vet determined she was suffering from late-stage hyperthyroidism and her kidneys were shutting down.  It was a painful assessment; why I didn't notice it earlier and help her?  That thought still haunts me. But at 11am on Monday morning, through a mountain of tears, regret, and sorrow, I bid farewell to the most loyal friend I've ever known. Minnie,  You were the first piece to my "own" family.  I remember vividly the day I got you.  It was my 21st birthday and Rebecca and Steph came over bearing a gift (more specifically, a brown grocery bag).  I opened it and looked inside; there you were,...